Bunker Quality Trends Report 2023
Get the full report
Download for free by completing the form below.
Please find your download below.
Analysing data from 60 million metric tons of supply, Integr8 Fuels’ latest bi-annual report reveals several regional and parametric trends with regards to fuel quality and consistency, including;
- VLSFO obtained in ARA is approximately 14 times more likely to have Sulphur levels exceeding 0.50% than Singapore, although with careful buying we can avoid this risk.
- The epicentre for hidden losses associated with Density remains in one of Southeast Asia’s most popular ports.
- There are continued challenges of non-homogenous VLSFO blends in the industry.
The report provides an in-depth assessment of key trends across all commercial fuel grades and key ports, answering questions such as, how likely am I to be faced with an off-specification situation, what are the most problematic parameters, which ports pose the highest risk, and what steps should I take when faced with a claim?
Topics covered include:
- The supply landscape relating to availability and specifications
- Off-specification trends and problematic parameters
- Geographical variances and “hot spots”
- ISO 8217:2017 and the headwinds continuing to mute demand
- MARPOL & SOLAS compliance challenges
- The risk of non-homogenous VLSFO blends and the impact to the end user
- Hidden losses that are often not considered when purchasing
- Statistically, what quality time bar is suitable for the bunkering location?