The absolute price of bunkers has fallen sharply since the start of the year, largely inline with the fall in crude. The easing of Middle East tensions, higher oil stocks, and now, far more significantly, the impact and uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus have meant oil prices have dropped. Correspondingly, representative VLSFO prices East of Suez are down from around $750/ton in early January towards $500/ton currently, a drop of some 25-35%.
It has been over a month since the IMO2020 regulation came into force and there are mixed views on how the transition has gone so far. Some participants claim the switch has gone smoothly, while others highlight the constant quality issues with the VLSFO blends.Read More
- Market Intelligence Podcast – Market Update 15 January
- Market Intelligence Podcast – The tanker market in 2020 and the outlook for 2021
- Market Intelligence Podcast – The supply-side impact of lower crude tanker speeds in recent months
- Greenhouse gas regulations…….. what is next?
- Market Intelligence Podcast – Market Update 11 December